Newsflash! RANE TWELVE goes from black to white!
Rane TWELVE – BBW (Black Becomes White)
The new Rane TWELVE has had what the manufacturer describe as a ‘running change’; in normal person speak, it means they have managed to make their control turntable even better!
As we all know, Rane DJ is one of the most respected innovators in the industry. We salute them for their class defining solutions combined with their durability and ruggedness. We also applaud them for their level of customer service, too – taking DJ’s wishes and translating them into brilliantly intuitive products. They care about making DJ things better for you and me; which is why the control disc shipped with Twelves from now on will be White! The Rane Twelve absolutely nails its brief; to be a tonearm-less motorised control table delivering the highest level of digital accuracy for a true-vinyl performance. DJ’s, Turntablists, DVS fans welcomed the Rane Twelve upon its announcement, because it truly freed them from bent tonearms, buggered anti-skate and abused needles. Not to mention the complete elimination of feedback especially with sub-bass enriched music. Rane is right to say the Twelve makes any vinyl guy feel at home.
Why have they binned the black control disc in favour of the white offering?
So if I didn’t make it clear, RANE CARE! The new white top isn’t just an aesthetic change, its a material change to acrylic too. This specially designed white control disc makes scratching an absolute breeze with amazing levels of grip compared to its older vinyl counterpart. The contrasting black marker makes it easy to play from a track mark even in the most peripheral of vision, too. This will also result in a more consistent slip, which is no bad thing! Heres the best bit:
Complete immunity to warping.
Rane Twelve Specification
If you aren’t already familiar with the Twelve, heres the brief rundown of the tech:
- Full 12-inch all-new white acrylic control disc with motorized platter to control playback
- Traditional, familiar turntable layout—no need to learn something new
- Strip Search with 8 hot-cue-triggers access
- 5.0 kfcm high-torque motor with high/low torque adjust for more traditional setups
- Four decks of control – DJ’s can use one, two or more (dependant on number of mixer channels available)
- Extreme precision—3,600 ticks of platter resolution for seamless performance
- MIDI interface via USB that can be connected to the SEVENTY-TWO or your computer
- 33 1/3 and 45 RPM platter speeds
- 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual-resolution detented slider
- Top panel rotary and traditional Motor Off switch allows classic wind-down effects
- An Official Serato Accessory – will work plug-and-play with the Rane Seventy-Two or other Serato DJ Pro supported hardware