New! Komplete Kontrol A-Series plus new S88 MK2!
Regain control with Komplete Kontrol A-Series and Kontrol S88 MK2
The barrage continues from Native Instruments with the release of three new keyboards from the Kontrol A-Series range. Available in three variants, these streamlined keyboards allow easy access to your instruments and effects at a very affordable price. Whether you’re in need of a keyboard to find sounds, capture your own, tweak, perform or all of the above; the keybed on the Kontrol A-Series is best in its class. What’s more, Native Instruments have chucked in a whole range of professional grade instruments to get you started to improve your work. Its sleek, smart and streamlined to take centre place on stage, or at your desk.
Komplete Kontrol A-Series Key features
Its important to firstly mention the brilliant semi weighted custom NI keybed; its a pleasure to use and deserves praise at this price point. Above the keys are eight touch sensitive control knobs for extended access to FX and instrument parameters within your DAW. Also to the right of these control knobs is a 4-directional push encoder, making very light work of sound browsing and navigating your project. Pitch and Modulation wheels are also the perfect size and feel to be ergonomic. Also in the rotary area of the keyboard is a new crisp and clear OLED display for easy at-a-glance navigation of your sounds and parameters – tasty!
Kontrol A-Series available in three sizes
The Komplete keyboard range consists of three keyboards. All of which are USB powered Bringing up the compact corner is the
- Komplete Kontrol A25, a 25 key controller keyboard spanning 2 octaves and only weighs 2.4kg for easy portability.
- Komplete Kontrol A49, the 49 key variant with 4 Octave capability with the same awesome semi weighted keybed as both of its smaller and bigger brothers.
- Komplete Kontrol A61, which is the largest of the new Komplete A-Series keyboards with a 5 Octave range yet costing less than £200
Software Included with Komplete Kontrol A-Series
After registering any of the Komplete Kontrol A-Series keyboards, there are some software goodies that will become available to you: firstly Komplete Kontrol software which massively increases the speed you find sounds and get to preview them within an instant. You also get a whole bunch of Komplete Instruments and Effects AND Maschine Essentials. Cost of all this? Nothing. Allllllll included:
- The Gentleman: A classic upright piano
- Monark – a gnarly monophonic synth
- Scarbee Mark 1 – Electric Piano
- Reaktor Prism – Polyphinic synth
- Reaktor Blocks Wired – a range of modular synths
- Reaktor 6 Player – Native Instruments’ super player for Reaktor Instruments
- Kontakt 6 Player – which includes 50 instruments within itself!
- Guitar Rig 5 Player – this is a custom amp with 17 cabinet variants and 13 effects
- Komplete Kontrol Software (mentioned above to allow quick browse and listen of sounds)
- Maschine Essentials (as above – loads more sounds and effects included)
Third Party compatibility for Komplete Kontrol A-Series
The Komplete Kontrol A-Series allows pre-mapped control of Komplete Instruments and Effects (best check out our page highlighting the new Komplete 12 Range) as well as hundreds of NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) approved plug-ins from the leading manufacturers through Komplete Kontrol Software. Also thanks to this little bridging software you also have the added benefit of Smart Play; which allows you to stay in key with well over 100 scales and modes or play chord progressions with single keys. Smart Play also lets you map any scale to white keys only, assisting play and performance. Integration is very, very deep within Maschine for creating chord progression and rhythms – remember the full Maschine Essentials is included! (so you can get playing before buying new Maschine Mikro MK3?!?). We love the fact that control is fluid and intuitive with the big DAWS such Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, GarageBand straight away. We also have news that Cubase and Nuendo will be integrating with the Komplete Kontrol A-Series in the coming months (maybe weeks!). It’s also worth mentioning the range of keyboards support VSTi and VST FX.
Whilst we’re on the Keyboard tip, Native Instruments also release Kontrol S88 MK2
I’m gonna need a Red Bull after writing about all of these Native Instruments products – but I shall persevere as this one is last but by no means least! Joining the Kontrol S-Series roster with the S49 MK2 and S61 MK2 is the beautiful, full sized Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2. We have all come to know and love the S-Series for being intuitive and a pleasure to use, whether its sketching ideas or performance of your project. The S88 MK2 really is a pinnacle keyboard and deserves its moniker of being at the centre of your studio action. Included within the S88 MK2 is the Komplete Kontrol Software, Maschine Essentials and Komplete 12 Select which includes:
- Massive – Virtual analog synthesiser
- Monark – awesome monophonic synth
- Drumlab – Percussion both sampled/Synthesized
- Phasis – Phasing sounds now with new features
- The Gentleman – Classic upright piano
- Reaktor Prism – Polyphonic Synth
- Scarbee Mark 1 – Electric Piano
- Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass – sampled legendary 4003 bass guitar
- Retro Machines – over twenty synths with legendary vintage status
- Vintage Organs – clue in the title! Classic organs
- West Africa – a concise percussion library
- Solid Bus Comp – super powerful compressor
- Replika – Pro-quality delay
Other Komplete Kontrol S88 Features
The S88 has a professional grade weighted Fatar keybed with aftertouch capability. These keys are fully weighted, hammer action keys. Ooooff. Browsing on the S88 can be done with the controls and dual display within the Kontrol S88 itself for tweaking, mixing and browsing, which can be tag based. This makes the world of difference as it makes finding sounds and previewing them a breeze. Also within the S88 is the full RGB light guide. This highlights drum cells, key switches as well as chords, scales and key splits (this applies for both NKS instruments and MIDI mode). Also available are two assignable pedals for volume, expression and sustain. Should you wish, this can also be assigned to effects for further expression eg filters or FX parameters.